What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect and store about you may include:
- your name;
- contact details (including mobile phone, telephone, address and email);
and such other information that you submit to us in the “Contact Us” form on our website.
Why we collect personal information
We will inform you of the main reasons for collecting your personal information at the time we request it. The purposes for which we will generally collect and use your information include enabling us to communicate with you, verify your identity and answer any of your queries in the “Contact Us” form that you have submitted on our website.
Information collected online
We collect information about visitors using our online resources. Any information collected is used to identify online behavioural patterns.
Our online resources include, but are not limited to websites and mobile applications “apps”. Information collected by these resources may collect the following information:
- Server address/IP address
- Date and time of visit to our site
- Pages visited
- Documents downloaded
- The site you visited prior to visiting our website
- The browser you are using to access our resources
- If you have visited our website before
- Tracking user preferences
In addition to the above, mobile apps may collect location data.
From time to time, we may use data collection devices such as ‘cookies’ in conjunction with our website. Cookies are commonly used on the internet. They are a small file placed onto a computer by a server. A cookie can later be identified by a server. We may use both ‘persistent’ and ‘session’ cookies. We may (or our marketing company may) evaluate the cookie information collected to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. Where our marketing company manages the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used. Any information that is collected in this way is used in an aggregated form, we do not use it to identify you as an individual.
- to provide you with better and more customised service and a more effective website
- collecting anonymous statistical information on things such as how many visitors our sites receive, how those visitors use the sites and where they came from.
Most of our online resources use sessions and/or cookies. If you wish, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies, but this may affect the functionality of the website.
Use of Information
We use the personal information collected for a number of purposes, including:
- to respond to your request to be to be contacted through your submission of the “Contact Us” form on our website and communicate with you for such purpose; and
- to answer any of your queries in the “Contact Us” form that you submitted on our website.
How we store personal information
We will store your personal information in a number of ways including:
- in electronic systems and devices; and/or
- cloud facilities operated by us (or by third parties on our behalf)
We will take reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information that we have about you is protected against any unlawful use, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and these precautions include:
- using appropriate information technology and processes;
- using computer and network security systems with appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords for the protection of electronic files;
- securely destroying or “de-identifying” personal information if we no longer require it subject to our legal obligations to keep some information for certain prescribed periods;
- restricting access to your personal information to our employees and those who perform services for us who need your personal information to do what we have engaged them to do; and
- requesting certain personal information from you when you wish to discuss any issues relating to the products and services we provide to you.
While we undertake reasonable steps to protect your personal information, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the internet is always 100% secure. Sending and receiving information over the internet is at the user’s own risk, however we will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data security once we receive it.
Access to and accuracy of personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us using the Contact Details noted below and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving you that access. If we are unable to provide you with the requested information, we will provide you with a written explanation.
Where access is granted to your information, we may charge a reasonable fee for such access.
We take reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Under the Act, you also have a right to request that we correct information, if you believe your personal information is not accurate and up to date. We would encourage you to inform us by contacting us using the Contact Details noted below. We will promptly update any information that is incorrect.
How to contact us
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access or correct your personal information, please refer to “Access to and accuracy of personal information” above.